Ready to Advance Your Teaching?
Are you ready to expand your teaching skills, advance your personal practice, and immerse yourself in the yoga lifestyle? Our comprehensive program will provide you the opportunity to cultivate your authentic voice and further develop your unique identity as a yoga teacher while embodying the wisdom of this sacred path.
Breathe’s Advanced Yoga Teacher Training consists of over 300 hours of practice, self-study and inspired teachings exceeding all requirements for Yoga Alliance 500 hour teacher certification. If you are a yoga teacher ready to up-level your skills and differentiate yourself in a growing marketplace, then this training is for you!
Our 300 hour teacher training program can support you in:
- Taking your teaching to the next level
- Deepening your understanding of yoga asana and philosophy
- Advancing your yoga and meditation practices
- Developing confidence in your identity as a yoga teacher
- Creating enriching, supportive relationships for your journey
To enroll in Breathe’s 300 Hour Advanced Teacher Training you must already have earned an RYT 200 hour certificate. Participants have up to 36 months to complete the training. There are four components of the training: Core Curriculum, Mentorship, Elective Hours, and Final Evaluation.
This component comprises 9 training weekends that will cover essential and progressive teaching skills, while giving trainees the required 135 contact hours with the lead trainers over the first 18 months of the training. We will build upon your knowledge of yoga asana, the anatomical and energetic bodies, and yoga philosophy to advance your practice, develop your confidence to safely align and assist students in your classes, and deepen your understanding of intelligent sequencing.
Core Module Dates
September 22-24, 2017
November 17-19, 2017
January 19-21, 2018
March 9-11, 2018
May 18-20, 2018
July 13-15, 2018
September 28-30, 2018
November 2-4, 2018
January 25-27, 2019
Meeting times may vary slightly but generally the meetings for the above “Core Module” weekends will be:
The mentorship relationship is an essential component in developing your authentic voice and unique identity as a yoga teacher. Each participant will receive 30 hours of mentorship from a lead trainer providing you with the specific areas of development in your teaching style. Mentorship will include small group and one-on-one meetings covering a variety of topics.
Mentoship will include:
- One-on-one mentor relationship to guide you through our program and beyond
- Observing and assisting your mentor in classes and trainings
- Specificied feedback and homework to define yourself as a yoga teacher
- Small group meetings to address and discuss yoga teaching questions, and practice teaching skills
- Enriching, supportive relationships for your journey
The ‘Elective Component’ consists of 100 hours of workshops and training modules that you can tailor to your desired focus. Trainees can begin acquiring the required elective hours at the start of the training, or wait until the Core Modules are complete, leaving them with 18 additional months to finish the program. Elective hours must be presented by a teacher at the 500RYT level. Additionally, 25 elective hours can be acquired outside from Breathe Yoga Center programming, but must be pre-approved.
Once you have completed your contact hours you will schedule your final teaching assessment with your mentor. This final teaching assessment includes teaching 60 minute open-level class at Breathe, followed by constructive feedback from your mentor. The fee for your final assessment and certification is $125.
- How to plan and teach thematically-inspired classes and workshops
- Cultivating a home practice and self-care
- Teaching to beginners and other specific populations
- Applied practical anatomy and physiology for yoga
- Body reading and assisting asana technique
- Pranayama and meditation techniques
- Energetic anatomy and energetic alignment – chakras, bandhas, nadis
- Progressive sequencing skills – peak pose development, wave sequencing
- Yin and Restorative yoga
- Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras, and Sacred Yoga Texts
- Essential Sanskrit for yoga teachers and sanskrit terminology for unique class themes
- Karma yoga and service to your community
- $500 non-refundable deposit due with application submission
- Course Fee: $2850 (less deposit) = $2350 due by August 20th, 2017
- Payment Plan option: $3000 minus $500 deposit = $2500, with five payments of $500 each
What this includes:
9 Training Weekends
30 Hours of Mentorship
Discount on Classes at Breathe
The additional cost of the 100 elective hours is pay as you go. Most elective weekends will cost $250-$350, and most workshops run $35-$45. Trainings that are longer than 3 days may cost more. This will allow you to spread these costs out and budget appropriately.
You can anticipate the total cost of training including the course fee, elective hours, and final evaluation to be around $4500.
Registration Deadline August 15th, 2017
Breathe is an approved MYCAA school: Military dependent/spouse may qualify for full tuition coverage
How to Apply
Fill out the application. Complete the online application and click the Namaste button to submit